Agriculture Status Quo and The Effects of Technology on Agriculture’s Success in Process
Keywords:AGRICULTURE STATUS QUO, TECHNOLOGY, AGRICULUTRE’S SUCCESS, IRAQ, KURDISTAN
This research contributed to the literature of agriculture technology and to the agriculture sector overall. The research focuses on Sulaymaniyah agricultural farms, taking the Sharazur and Sharbazher farms as a sample for evaluating the awareness and perception of human resources working in the industry. Face-to-face interviews were conducted with 34 participants and most of them were aware of agriculture technology but unfortunately they don't use it. They find it as a necessity for more efficient and effective product but they don’t have access to the new technologies due to the factor that Iraq is a developing country and have not yet used technology sufficiently for agriculture purposes.
● Groher, T., Heitkämper, K., Walter, A. et al. Status quo of adoption of precision agriculture enabling technologies in Swiss plant production. Precision Agric 21, 1327–1350 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11119-020-09723-5
● Precision Agriculture - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics. (2020). Retrieved 22 April 2021, from https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/precision-agriculture
● Thenkabail, P., Lyon, J., & Huete, A. (2019). Advanced applications in remote sensing of agricultural crops and natural vegetation.
● Agriculture Technology | National Institute of Food and Agriculture. Retrieved 22 April 2021, from https://nifa.usda.gov/topic/agriculture-technology#:~:text=Today's%20agriculture%20routinely%20uses%20sophisticated,safer%2C%20and%20more%20environmentally%20friendly.
● Ku, L. (2020). New Agriculture Technology in Modern Farming. Retrieved 22 April 2021, from https://www.plugandplaytechcenter.com/resources/new-agriculture-technology-modern-farming/
● Oda, S. (2020). Are indoor vertical farms the future of agriculture?. Retrieved 23 April 2021, from https://www.ted.com/talks/stuart_oda_are_indoor_vertical_farms_the_future_of_agriculture/up-next
● Billingsley, J. (2019). Robotics and automation for improving agriculture.
● Banday, M., & Banday, M. (2019). IoT Based Smart Agricultural Automation System.
● Arthur, W., 2014. The nature of technology. [Place of publication not identified]: Free Press.
● Society, N., 2021. Agriculture. [online] National Geographic Society. Available at: <https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/agriculture/> [Accessed 13 April 2021].
● Encyclopedia Britannica. 2021. technology | Definition, Examples, Types, & Facts. [online] Available at: <https://www.britannica.com/technology/technology> [Accessed 13 April 2021].
● Buchanan, R. Angus (2020, November 18). History of technology. Encyclopedia Britannica. https://www.britannica.com/technology/history-of-technology
● Kaaya, J. (1999, November). Role of information technology in agriculture. In Proceedings of FoA conference (Vol. 4, pp. 315-328).
● BRAND KRI. 2021. Data: Wheat production. [online] Available at: <https://brandkri.com/data-wheat-production/> [Accessed 14 April 2021].
● J. Kowalczyk, D., 2019. The Importance of Agriculture - Agriculture Alliance. [online] Agriculture Alliance. Available at: <https://www.bluefingeralliance.org.uk/the-importance-of-agriculture/> [Accessed 14 April 2021].
● Rehman, A., Jingdong, L. and Khatoon, R., 2017. Modern Agricultural Technology Adoption its Importance, Role and Usage for the Improvement of Agriculture.
● Jongerden, J., Wolters, W., Dijkxhoorn, Y., Gür, F., & Öztürk, M. (2019). The politics of agricultural development in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region in Iraq (KRI). Sustainability, 11(21), 5874.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Ahmad Mahmood
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.